What's In My Ears


Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Another random excerpt

"No, Dad, " I spat out at him, glad to be rid of that awful word, "this ends right now." Just after I said that, I felt nine pairs of shocked eyes staring at me.

For a moment I felt a little panicked. Dad? I shouldn't have just thrown personal information out in front of my team like that. How could I be so stupid?

After I had regained a normal heart rate, I realized my mistake may not have been so serious. Yes, I just gave away the single most important detail in my life, but I meant what I said. This, all of this, ends here, now, in this room. Blood father or no, this man is going to die by his unworthy daughter's sword, and nothing about my past means much after that.

2 comments:

Kelifer said...

*aplauds you* Dang, A! You're blowing me away with your writing! (even a paragraph makes me smile :D!) You know I want to read more! (You also know what this means, right?: It means I may have to kill you someday to ultimately be the better writer ;D Sorry, but I'm afraid it must be done lol)

Alice in Wonderland said...

hey, you're the better artist! i get to be the best at something too y'know! :]