What's In My Ears


Thursday, May 8, 2008

Alive in the Night

Beads of sweat run down my face. I'm wet with it. My arms and legs are sticky with the moist second skin.

I take in quick, shallow breaths.

I love this feeling.

Wind is rushing past me, flipping my hair all around face, sticking to my eyelids and cheeks. I don't care. I never do. This is the best feeling in the world. If speed is a poison, then I am drunk with it. There is no other intoxication that could ever make me feel this way, to feel this life beat within me.

I am in control. My hands hold my life. Everything.

What is it about these nights and these lights that intrigues me so? What is it about this asphalt that makes me want to feel it beneath me forever?

Faster do I move. Louder do I make the engine sing. Farther do I make the speedometer go, and farther do I travel away from sanity.

To me now, love is something unknown, hate is something I have forgotten, and fear is coursing through my every vein.

How could I possibly go back to life like yours? That is not life. What you have is not what I want. I want to stay here forever. I will never go back.

No comments: